New boat preparation
After delivery of new ships, problems and disputes are frequent.
Analysis shows that most of them could have been avoided if the preparation had been careful and properly coordinated.
Our objective is to make this preparatory phase a success with a complete realisation of the sales contract, both for the buyer and the seller.
This service is carried out in 14 steps, with a series of checklists, copies of which will be given to you.
1 - Checking my entire order
Meeting (or teleconference) in the presence of the buyer and the seller, where all the details of the order are listed line by line, specifying the components of each option.
- For the anchor kit, the model and pod of the anchor, the length of the chain
- For the safety kit, the type of raft and the number of people
- The position of the repeaters and screens …
- … etc., etc.)
Any oral commitments also specified.
The deadlines for partial payments are also specified.
A fully detailed order confirmation is then drawn up and signed by both parties.
2 - Reception of the boat
A checklist allows you to quickly check the boat before unloading:
- Conformity of the No.
- Conformity of the fittings
- Absence of shocks due to transport
3 - Quality control upon receipt
Within 3 working days of arrival, the equipment delivered with the boat is checked (quantitatively) in detail by 2 different parties:
- Mast, sails, rigging, exterior saddlery, biminis, sprayhoods
- Interior equipment, electronics
Any non-conformity with the order and apparent defects are then reported to you with photos.
If an intervention is necessary (shock to be repaired, material to be replaced) an estimate is transmitted in order to be accepted by the manufacturer.
4 - Control and organisation of on-board documentation
Putting all equipment notices in order:
- Checking that they are present
- Preparation of warranty cards
- Putting them in a file
5 - Masting, installation of sails
Ground preparation (installation of antennas, lights, radar etc.)
- Setting up the running rigging
- Fitting of sails
6 - External preparation
7 - Internal preparation
- Setting up the equipment
- Check up of all functions
- Electrical network (with test of chargers, converters)
- Water system (with tank filling test)
- Gas network
- Black water network
8 - Engine preparation
- 30L of diesel in the tank
- Check up of all the components at standstill
- Instrument panel
- Check of the fasteners
9 - Embarkation of navigation equipment
- Mooring kit
- Safety kit
10 - Launching
Checking the seals (valves, stern or base and keel bolts)
11 - Starting the engine
- Check up of all working components
- Instrument panel
- Check for leaks (cooling, diesel, exhaust)
- Checks according to manufacturer’s requirements
- Administrative registration (warranty card, manual)
12 - Navigation test
- Check up of all equipment
- Final rigging adjustments
13 - Final preparation
- Complete cleaning
- Set up of the welcome gift
14 - Delivery to the sales department
- New complete check up
- Handing over of the keys