Our motorboat surveys
Discover the organisation of a motorboat survey led by our teams. Sea trials, complete examination and detailed report.
For any further information, please contact us directly.
General course of the expertise
Duration: Depending on size, from 6 hours to 2 days beyond 50′.
Examination of the vessel if possible afloat and then on land.
- Sea trial.
- Drying out for at least 3/4 hour.
- Oil sample for analysis (if the oil has been in operation for more than 20 hours).
It is preferable that the claimant be present during the entire survey, as this is a good time to get to know the vessel and possibly solve any problems discovered.
Ship documentation :
- Ship’s papers / NIC
- Technical documents
- Maintenance invoices
Underwater parts :
- Polyester hulls: osmosis control (SOVEREIGN tester)
- Metal hulls: thickness control by ultrasonic sounding (SOFRANEL tester)
- Shafts or shaft lines, propellers, chairs, hydrolube rings
- Sterns and rudders
- Through-hulls and strainers
Hull and deck :
- Hull / deck connection
- Search for delamination / cracks / corroded areas
- Deck fittings and equipment, porthole sealing
- Windlass and mooring
- Internal structure
Powertrains / Generator :
- Search for leaks
- Visual and auditory inspection
- Search for hot spots with laser thermometer
- Oil sampling for analysis
Internal networks :
- Valves / Pumps
- Electrical circuit
- Fresh water circuit
- Gas circuit
- Testing of all equipment
Comfort equipment :
- Testing of all equipment (air conditioning / desalination)
Available in French or English on request.
Approximately 50 – 70 pages with a conclusion:
- Main recommendations
- Estimate of the market value
A bound edition, on paper ou a CD can be provided on request.
In case of absence of the applicant during the expertise, pre-report possible by video-conference on Skype (1 to 2 hours, about 100 photos with our comments).
General conditions of the expertise
A few days before the expertise, an Expertise Mandate is sent by e-mail confirming the particular conditions (amount, date, place, time of the appointment…) and all the general conditions for final agreement. The above description is a proposal that can be modified according to the technical and/or safety conditions encountered during the examination and considered as fixed by the applicant.