Our expertise for Multihull
Find out how a multihull survey is organised and conducted by our team. Sea trials, full examination and detailed report.
For further information, please contact us directly.
General course of the expertise
Duration: Depending on size, from 6 hours to 2 days beyond 50′.
Examination of the vessel if possible afloat and ashore.
Control, depending on size, of 120 to 150 points with, if possible or significant :
- Sea trial
- Drying out at least 1/2 hour
- Oil samples for analysis (if the oil has been in operation for more than 20 hours)
It is preferable that the claimant be present during the entire survey, as this is a good time to get to know the vessel and possibly solve any problems discovered.
Ship documentation :
- Ship’s papers / NIC
- Technical documents
- Maintenance invoices
Submerged parts :
- Subbases or shaft lines, propellers, chairs, water tubes
- Sterns, rudders, fins (or daggerboards)
- Through-hulls and strainers
- Hull / fin connections or daggerboard wells
- Polyester ships: Osmosis control (SOVEREIGN tester)
Hulls and deck :
- Hull / nacelle connections
- Front beam connections
- Search for cracks and delaminations
- Fittings and deck equipment
- Windlass and mooring
- Internal structure
- Testing of all equipment
Sails and rigging :
- Examination of the whole
- Climb to the top of the mast
- Visual inspection of the capes, sheaves, lights and wiring
Power units / Generator :
- Search for leaks
- Visual and auditory inspection
- Search for hot spots with laser thermometer
- Oil sampling for analysis
Internal networks :
- Valves / Pumps
- Electrical circuits
- Fresh water circuit
- Gas circuit
Comfort equipment :
- Testing of all appliances (air conditioning / desalination unit…)
Available in French or English on request.
Approximately 50 to 70 pages with a conclusion:
- Main recommendations
- Estimate of the market value
A bound edition, on paper ou a CD can be provided on request.
In case of absence of the applicant during the expertise, pre-report possible by video-conference on Skype (1 to 2 hours, about 100 photos with our comments).
General conditions of the expertise
A few days before the expertise, an Expertise Mandate is sent by e-mail confirming the particular conditions (amount, date, place, time of the appointment…) and all the general conditions for final agreement. The above description is a proposal that can be modified according to the technical and/or safety conditions encountered during the examination and considered as fixed by the applicant.