Ultrasonic measuring devices can be used to determine the residual thickness of non-accessible metal parts subject to corrosion. It is particularly interesting for sheet metal keels with ballast locked inside. Up to now, ultrasonic technology has hardly given reliable results without stripping the metal.
We use the latest version of this type of equipment which, with a single echo, allows the thickness of the coating (coating and paint) and the thickness of the metal to be measured directly.
General course of the expertise
- Duration: minimum 1/2 day
- Ship ashore (areas accessible from inside can be tested afloat)
- Draw a grid on the hull, generally at 50 cm intervals.
- Identification of areas at risk: bilges, bilges, areas of contact with ballast.
- Drawing up a plan of the boat with the port and starboard grid.
- Survey of thicknesses
- Full report
General conditions of the expertise
A few days before the expertise, an Expertise Mandate is sent by e-mail confirming the particular conditions (amount, date, place, time of the appointment…) and all the general conditions for final agreement.
The above description is a proposal that can be modified according to the technical and/or safety conditions encountered during the examination and considered as fixed by the applicant.