Our expertise in sailboats
Discover the organisation of a sailboat survey led by our teams. Sea trials, complete examination and detailed report.
For any further information, please contact us directly.
General course of the expertise
Duration: Depending on size, from 6 hours to 2 days beyond 50′.
Examination of the vessel if possible afloat and then ashore.
Control, depending on size, of 120 to 150 points with, if possible or significant :
- Sea trials
- Drying out for at least 1/2 hour
- Oil sample for analysis (if the oil has been in operation for more than 20 hours)
Ship documentation :
- Ship’s papers / NIC
- Technical documents
- Maintenance invoices
Submerged parts :
- Base or shaft line, propeller, chair, hydrolube ring
- Sterns and rudders
- Hull / ballast connection
- Hull passage and strainers
- Polyester vessels: Osmosis control (SOVEREIGN tester)
- Steel / Aluminium vessels: Corrosion control by ultrasonic hull thickness measurement (SOFRANEL tester)
Hull and deck :
- Hull / deck connection
- Search for cracks and delaminations / comodated areas
- Fittings and deck equipment
- Windlass and mooring
- Internal structure
- Testing of all equipment
Sails and rigging :
- Examination of the whole
- Climb to the top of the mast
- Visual inspection of the capes, sheaves, lights and wiring
Power unit / Generator :
- Search for leaks
- Visual and auditory check
- Hot spot testing with laser thermometer
- Oil samples for analysis (if requested)
Internal networks :
- Valves / Pumps
- 12 or 24 V electrical circuit
- 220 V electrical circuit
- Fresh water circuit
- Gas circuit
Comfort equipment :
- Test of all appliances (air conditioning / water maker)
Available in French or English on request.
Approximately 50 to 70 pages with a conclusion:
- Main recommendations
- Estimate of the market value
A bound edition, on paper ou a CD can be provided on request.
In case of absence of the applicant during the expertise, pre-report possible by video-conference on Skype (1 to 2 hours, about 100 photos with our comments).
General conditions of the expertise
A few days before the expertise, an Expertise Mandate is sent by e-mail confirming the particular conditions (amount, date, place, time of the appointment…) and all the general conditions for final agreement. The above description is a proposal that can be modified according to the technical and/or safety conditions encountered during the examination and considered as fixed by the applicant.