Description Motor Vessel Expertise Over 60′.
Duration 2 days / surveyor (chronology to be defined according to logistical constraints)
Dry survey minimum 2 hours
survey afloat :
- ½ day sea trial then examination afloat in port
- Structure Review
- Examination of all interior equipment
Review of the ship’s technical documentation and debriefing: ½ day
Examination of Ship’s Documentation :
- Verification that plans and technical documentation are available and possibly of current guarantees.
Immerged parts :
- Osmosis control (Sovereign tester)
- Shaft bases or lines, propellers, chairs, water rings
- Rudders, rudders, ailerons (or daggerboards)
- Hull grommets and strainers
Survey afloat :
½ sea trial day for examination and testing of :
- Deck fittings
- Steering apparatus (transmission, pilot)
- Navigation electronics
- Engines and their peripherals (including leak detection and
- high-speed temperature measurement)
At the port, examination and testing of :
- Generator (including leakage testing, high speed temperature testing and output voltage testing)
- All valves
- Watertightness test of portholes
Oil samples for analysis (hot engines, if the oil has more than 20 hours of operation)
Hull and deck:
- Search for cracks and delamination
- Deck fittings and equipment
- Windlass and anchor
- Fresh water circuit
- Gas circuit
- Testing of the entire equipment
- Examination of electrical circuits
- Review of protections
- Examination of the means of loading
- testing of all equipment
- Inventory and testing of household equipment (if possible)
About 40 to 60 pages with a conclusion:
- Main recommendations
- Estimation of market value
Printable edition sent by e-mail (.pdf files) and by post (a CD is sent to your address).
A hardcover, paperback edition can be provided upon request.
If the claimant is absent during the expertise, pre-reporting is possible by video-conference on Skype (1 to 2 hours, about 100 photos with our comments).
General terms and conditions of the expertise
A few days before the expertise, a Mandate of Expertise is sent by e-mail confirming the particular conditions (amount, date, place, time of the appointment …) and all the general conditions for final agreement. The above description is a proposal that can be modified according to the technical and / or safety conditions encountered during the examination and considered as fixed by the applicant.