Duration: between half a day and a full day depending on the size.
Survey of the vessel if possible afloat and then ashore.
Control, depending on the size, from 120 to 150 points with, if possible or significant :
- Sea trial
- Survey ashore at least 1/2 hour
- Oil sampling for analysis (if the oil has more than 20 hours of operation)
Immersed parts :
- corrosion control by ultrasonic thickness measurement (SOFRANEL tester)
- base plate or shaft line, propeller, chair, hydrolube bushing
- sterns and rudders
- through-hulls and strainers
- hull / ballast connection
Hull and deck :
- hull / deck connection
- search for cracks, corroded areas and delamination
- deck fittings and equipment
- windlass and anchor
Sails and rigging :
- Overall review
- Ascent to the top of the mast
- Visual inspection of the sheaves, sheaves, lights and wiring.
Drive unit :
- leak detection
- visual and auditory inspection
- hot spot search with laser thermometer
- oil samples for analysis
Indoor networks :
- 12 or 24 V electrical circuit
- electric circuit 220 V
- freshwater circuit
- gas circuit
- testing of all equipment
Comfort equipment :
- testing of all devices
About 40 to 60 pages with a conclusion:
- Main recommendations
- Estimation of market value
Printable edition sent by e-mail (.pdf files) and by post (a CD is sent to your address).
A hardcover, paperback edition can be provided upon request.
If the claimant is absent during the expertise, pre-reporting is possible by video-conference on Skype (1 to 2 hours, about 100 photos with our comments).
General terms and conditions of the expertise
A few days before the expertise, a Mandate of Expertise is sent by e-mail confirming the particular conditions (amount, date, place, time of the appointment …) and all the general conditions for final agreement. The above description is a proposal that can be modified according to the technical and / or safety conditions encountered during the examination and considered as fixed by the applicant.